We are very close to having the second phase of the external caravan and motor home storage yard finished. We will have a full capacity of around 45 spaces available and an area designated for washing and cleaning.
With a few more weeks of work to go and about 120 tonnes of gravel, we will be ready to set the ball rolling with CaSSOA registration and awarding.
Thanks to a local and generous Bee Keeper (thanks Gareth!) I’ve progressed to a good stage with the bee hive. It’s now got a brand new base, a secondary brood box (second box up) to eventually make the old one redundant and able to be reused on a new hive and the first ‘super’ (which is where the bees put the excess – honey!!!). So, watch this space… I look forward to offering our touring park and storage customers a jar of site produced Amber nectar! 🙂
Four of us on the job today, so finished the curbs and made good the bank along the hedgerow. A good layer of planings which now needs to be rollers down and shingle to go. 🙂
A small post, showing that the main site ring-road, which connects area 1,2 and 3 together is nearly connected up. This stretch will allow two-way travel providing access to area 3 directly, while the rest of the site is adopting a one-way system.
View across into area 3 along two-way roadway
It looks quite a mess at the moment but each side will have a good layer of top soil added to bring the level up to that of the road.
It’s been a while since I posted anything, but never-the-less progress is being made. Another local company has been busy installing the lighting system in and around the Storage Unit. A light sensor activates the two which illuminate the Cresslands signage at the top of the shed door, while we can manually operate four other lights which provide a spread of light to either side. There are only six lighting heads inside the unit, but they provide perfectly adequate lighting for when daylight hours become less.
Internal storage unit lighting
External lighting on the front of storage unit
After a search on YouTube I learnt how to assemble the flat-pack brood box I ordered. Many gimp pins later it’s complete and ready to go. I need to order some spacers to keep the frames an even distance from each other and a smoker, then just a bit of courage and a bee keepers suit to put it on the bee hive. In order to get the bees to rise up into the new brood box, I purchased a ‘feeder’ unit which sits over one of the crown board holes and draws them up with the temptation of a sticky syrup. Wish me luck!
The new bee hive brood box ready to go (almost)